Valliant pressure vessels and F75

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been loosing a little pressure from the Eco tech plus 837 (12 y/o) combi. Say 0.3 bar over a week. Ive been topping it up over a 2 months.

Checked the expansion vessel the other day. Drained down the pressure in the boiler, but it wouldn't drain below 0.9 bar. Pumped up the EV to just under 1 bar using my bike pump with a pressure gauge on it. Opened the valves and filled back up. All ok and running at 1.5 bar.

That was on sunday. So heating working sunday and monday all ok.

This morning the heating didnt go off. F75 fault.

I switch off the boiler and put a tiny bit of water in, then switched on. All started working fine and is running now.

I have googled some issues and i wonder if the issue is the pressure sensor.

Or have i done anything wrong when putting air into the EV ?

Sponsored Links
I have been loosing a little pressure from the Eco tech plus 837 (12 y/o) combi. Say 0.3 bar over a week. Ive been topping it up over a 2 months.

Checked the expansion vessel the other day. Drained down the pressure in the boiler, but it wouldn't drain below 0.9 bar. Pumped up the EV to just under 1 bar using my bike pump with a pressure gauge on it. Opened the valves and filled back up. All ok and running at 1.5 bar.

That was on sunday. So heating working sunday and monday all ok.

This morning the heating didnt go off. F75 fault.

I switch off the boiler and put a tiny bit of water in, then switched on. All started working fine and is running now.

I have googled some issues and i wonder if the issue is the pressure sensor.

Or have i done anything wrong when putting air into the EV ?

When you drained down the system did you leave it opened ended when pumping the EV ?

Most likely you have a fault pressure sensor as it should have showed 0 bar when drained down.

I think I closed off the drain tap and then pumped it up.

I only drained one side as the return side was harder to get to

pressure now while boiler off is 1.9. So it has jumped from 1.5 on Sunday when I set it back up

Sponsored Links
The drain needs to be left open whilst setting expansion vessel pressure, but more importantly you shouldn't be opening the casing at all unless you are Gas Safe Registered. It forms the safety room seal on your boiler, and the Regulation 26.9 checks need to be carried out any time that cover is removed.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back