Valliant vcw 242E Combi Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a problem with my boiler, the temperature control valve is stuck and wont turn, has anyone got a part number for this piece and also has anyone got a manuel / parts diagram info for my valliant boiler, hot water not getting hot enough tepid warm but heating working fine, email me at
[email protected] if you have manuel please.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
could be the potentiometer thats locked up seen it a few times on your boiler easy to resolve just take the pcb case off and pull the dial out and with a small flathead wiggle and twist that should sort it. as for the hot water whats the temp showing when you run a tap? also check that the hot water is not passing down the central heating by turning your hot tap on without you heating been on for abit so you have cold flow and return pipes and with the tap on feel to see if the flow is getting warm if so the diverter valve will be at fault

Nath

The temperature selector seizing on the water section is a common problem as the thing is rarely turned! Before you replace that check your flow rate from the hot water tap is approx 8 litres a minute, certainly no more than 10 litres/min. Trim down on the cold water inlet valve if necessary.

More than likely there is a problem with low gas rate at the burner. You need a Gas Safe registered engineer to check this, and if the maximum burner rate of 5.1mb cannot be achieved, check the diaphragm pump located in the control box.

If you need to replace the temperature selector their are two variants but if your boiler has the original water section then the part no is 012534

Cheers

Bunny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back