Valliant VCW 242EH boiler noise problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have this valliant boiler and its started to make a quiet loud noise every time i turn a hot water tap on. it sound like an elephant trumpeting or even a aeoroplane going into a dive bomb (yeah i know it sounds made but its the best way i can discribe sound) it does not make any noise if i turn on heating.

anyone have any ideas what it could be and what needs changing.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
its a long noise for about 8 seconds stops then repeats while the hot water tap is on, stops when water is turned off. definatetly the VCW 242

Ok it's unusual noise for a vcw that's the one with a single black control knob it sounds like scale or muck in main ht exch it won't do it on heating

Sponsored Links
Yes, it does sound like a scaled up main heat exchanger.

But it could also be caused/encourages by the burner pressure being too high.

This may be the model with lead seals where the pressure creeps up if its not regularly checked at anuall services.

If you run the hot water tap at different flow rates then that might alted the characteristics of the noise.

Whats a "quiet loud" noise?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back