Valve stuck on bathroom towel rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
towel rad is cold valve is stuck can't shift it any ideas please. Rightly or wrongly I've squirted WD40 to see if that would work but to no avail. Tried using the valve cap to turn it, then pliers but no joy.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Are you sure its not fully open? Rail could be full of air instead.
If not just try a bit more muscle or use a bigger set of grips to give you more leverage.

No air in the rad. Have applied a decent amount of pressure to try and turn it, will only shift slightly either way. Am I right in thinking both valves should be turned anti clockwise?

No air in the rad. Have applied a decent amount of pressure to try and turn it, will only shift slightly either way. Am I right in thinking both valves should be turned anti clockwise?
Yes anti clockwise.
i would hold the valve body with some waterpump pliers then put adjustable spanner on and tap slightly with a hammer.
if no luck then its new valve time, as the brass spindle sometimes snaps off if its stuck too tight

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back