Valve / TRV fit type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Never touched plumbing. Simply wanted to fit replace some trv's with some honeywell HR92 trvs. Thought I'd fitted them all right but rads were staying hot. Looking at the pins I cant see its even touching let alone depressing it.

I've added some pics, can someone tell me what valve type this is, and tell me if the adaptor on there isn't the right one, what I might need to get? Many many thanks!

Sponsored Links
looks like you have only replaced the valve head and it does not match the valve body ,in other words two different manufacturers. can't tell what make the valve in the radiator is. unless someone else can you may have to replace the whole thing

you can not just change valve sensors (heads) randomly, you need to know the model of the TRV

Sponsored Links
that's annoying, i figured as the TRV can with a couple of adaptors should work. I'll swap the valve over- thanks

that's annoying, i figured as the TRV can with a couple of adaptors should work.
Adaptors are usually available,your valve looks like a giacomini product,

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back