Boss TRV replace to Smart TRV zigbee generic brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone might be able to help or throw some light on this.
I thought this was going to be a really simple project, replace my existing TRV heads for a smart home TRV one - looks simple enough, unscrew and then screw on the new, they even supply mutlple adaptors to match various TRVs.

The radiators predate me - So not sure how old these TRVs are.

My first mistake (thinking it was simple)!

I removed the head of the TRV (which is a boss TRV) see pic - which after looking at the thread, seems to be a 26mm ?? Again, after looking seems non standard from the 30mm that seems typical (of course, when has a fitting ever been standard!) :)
IMG_4694.JPEGScreenshot 2021-11-12 154647.jpg

None of the adaptor work or fit (see pics of box) included with the Smart TRV
IMG_4684.JPGIMG_4695.JPG

Anyone have any ideas (short of replacing the whole valves with new).
I've seen things like this on Amazon see pic - not sure if it works
adaptor.jpg

Which seems like they would work... they just fit over the existing thread??

Thanks for helping.

Russ

Sponsored Links
I'd give the Amazon converter a try- the heads you've gone for look limited to 30mm thread- you can always send it back if it doesn't work! Or have a look at other heads- not certain but I think the Wiser ones have different diameter thread adaptors... just checked, they have a Danfoss RA adaptor but think yours do as well so maybe not.

Thanks for responding - I have the amazon converter on order, so hopefully that works!

Sponsored Links
Found a solution - Just in case anyone ever searches this link for a fix ... This works fine, not the cheapest option but saves having to change the valves yourself
71X6JY53p-L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Got this from Amazon, just screws over the top

• Allows the installation of electronic Ventilantrieben with M30 x 1.5 mm Thread to Heizungsventilen with M28 x 1.5 mm Thread
  • Assemble simply twist-no special tools required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back