Van via auction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going down to Blackbushe BCA auctions on Thursday to buy a van.

Since my work is all local and so are suppliers it's likely to be a VW caddy or similar- at a push I might opt for a VW transporter SWB. Same engine the 104 ps.

There's over 200 vans, with about 30 that might be of interest. The big question is, would you buy ?

* A less than 3 year old van with 80k miles on it, warranted miles and service history ?

* Or would you want to stick to standard miles 12k for each year of age ?

I'm unlikely to do more than 6k miles a year in it, so the high miles accumulation wouldn't continue.

Sponsored Links
There's an 08 C20 / 104 ps 5 door with 72k on it that I'm sort of interested in.

The miles might be high, but doing an average of 40k miles per year suggests motorway hauls whcih is better than stop start life time in town. I would still be inside VW's warranty plan.

At approx £6k would it be a bad buy ? An 08 20k would be circa £8k

NB I have bought 10 x cars via auctions so I do have some idea on the auction ways and accessing good / bad units in a snap shot.

Sponsored Links
the transporters at my local auctions were reaching silly money so i had to go elsewhere. i recently bought a 56 plate lwb transporter with 134000 miles on it, i was worried about the mileage but at £4400 all in the van was cheap enough to take a risk. It had covered mostly motorway miles
As long as the service history looks good i wouldnt worry too much about it

Back