variation of condition advice

G

george765

I am hoping someone on here will be able to advise me. I have applied for a 'variation of condition' as told by the local authority having already got planning permission for loft conversion and made a 'material start'. The changes I want to make are very minor but essential but have been refused.
my question is....what do I do next ? is there an appeal system for refusal of changes to an existing planning permission ? I can't see this info on the planning portal.
thanks, George

Sponsored Links
The changes are not really my question. they are very minor and I am convinced that the refusal is personal. What i need to know is if there is an appeal procedure for refusal of an application for 'change of condition'. (already got PP). I suppose I really need someone who knows planning rules and procedures really well.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
With all due respect woody... I am not asking about the detail of my application. I am asking if anyone knows the procedure for appealing a refusal of 'variation of condition' (after granting of PP) Perhaps I didn't make my question clear .

You should be able to appeal and VoC application. Your decision notice should come with some advice and guidance as to the option and process of appealing.

Thanks DD, why didn't i think of that ? I've read the decision notice and your right, the procedure for appealing is mentioned right at the back in the small print LOL
thanks again, George

@george765 Did your Planning Officer provide any information as to why a NMA application could have not been submitted? I have a similar situation where works have started and are now wanting to make some minor changes to the original approval. A Planning Consultant who I speak to said he wasn’t aware of how implementation reduces your options.

Devildamo.....when I originally phoned planning re- my changes to approved planning application I was told to submit a 'variation of condition' as I had made a material start. It was only after going through validation (took months) that I got to speak with a planning officer. her opinion was that I had been told to submit the wrong application and in her opinion it should have been a new application. A NMA was never mentioned. I would have been happy to submit a new application, but didn't want to start the application process again due to the time already passed. The PO had to accept the 'variation of condition' application because I had made a 'material start' on the original approved application. It's a complex case and I may have to employ a planning consultant myself.
The detail of my application is not important and would take a lot of typing, which I won't do, not even for woody lol

Like when someone asks me if they can have an extension on the back of the house, and I ask if they can tell me a little more and they say "There's a house and a garden, that's all I know".

Nobody was asking YOU woody. you couldn't even understand the question, why don't you just butt out of this thread ?

Devildamo.....when I originally phoned planning re- my changes to approved planning application I was told to submit a 'variation of condition' as I had made a material start. It was only after going through validation (took months) that I got to speak with a planning officer. her opinion was that I had been told to submit the wrong application and in her opinion it should have been a new application. A NMA was never mentioned. I would have been happy to submit a new application, but didn't want to start the application process again due to the time already passed. The PO had to accept the 'variation of condition' application because I had made a 'material start' on the original approved application. It's a complex case and I may have to employ a planning consultant myself.
The detail of my application is not important and would take a lot of typing, which I won't do, not even for woody lol

Ok, so a little more complex than in a normal situation. I just can’t recall if I read somewhere once a material start has been made, it limits your options as to what type of ‘amendment’ application can be submitted. Like with a lot of these things, it may depend on the LPA’s view of the type of amendment requirement along with their understanding. It doesn’t seem to be clear across as LPA’s.

Nobody was asking YOU woody. you couldn't even understand the question, why don't you just butt out of this thread ?
Because if there is one thing I love it's mysteries. Idiots and mysteries. Idiots, mysteries and planning questions. Idiots, mysteries, planning questions and obnoxious posters telling me what to do. Idiots, mysteries, planning questions, obnoxious people telling me what to do and Saturday nights. Idiots, mysteries, .......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back