Varnish on decorators caulk!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Guy just finished installing laminate floor and skirting in new conservatory. Done good job but explained he had difficulties with skirting as it was fitted after plastering and not before etc This meant he had to use loads of caulk to fill in gaps and corners. Thing is that er indoors wants me to varnish skirting, instead of gloss paint which is fine except that we will have the white caulk showing up against this. Is there any way I can somehow go over the caulk with a thin film of the resin in these circumstances?

Sorry if this sounds insane.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest you buy a sash brush (which is handy for fine painting in) and colour in the caulk with a paint that matches the floor colour.

It won't be perfect but it would be better than a white line around the room.

The alternative would be a bead or moulding which you colour colour match to skirt or floor before fixing down with panel pins.

Many thanks

Just wasn't sure if you could paint over caulk!

Sponsored Links
You can over paint, but I would be trying with a ronseal stain varnish type product. You'd need half a dozen coats, best to use a solid colour / paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back