Country
United Kingdom
Make: Vauxhall
Model: Astra SXI Twinport 16v
Engine size/Type 1.6 Petrol
Year 2005
Mileage 97000

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions for you all, i've had multiple mechnics look at my car and none of them seem to get to the bottom of these problems and charge me a fortune to look at it.

My car has been bunny hopping at low revs when taking off or when the car is cruising. The EGR is fine as its been tested and shows at 100%.
The other thing is the car has been making a weird noise when its turned off, like air rattling around the pipes, sounds a bit like blowing into a bottle. Don't know if its related at all but
thought I would mention it!

The other questions is I cannot seem to lock my car, I can lock the car from the inside fine but the boot won't open and even if I stick my key into the door it only locks the driver door.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You say the egr was tested at 100% but at what conditions, was the car just ticking over?
Does the fault trigger the engine management lamp at all on the dash?

Yes the mechnic just switched the engine on and used the diagnostic machine. The engine management light is on and is saying that the twinport on the car is not working properly, the mechnic told me that this would just mean a loss of some petrol and power but nothing to be concerned about? Is this correct? Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Ive no experience of the twinport system but if it is malfunctioning then it is going to affect power or economy which isn't a good thing.
More than likely a position sensor is either faulty or not reporting the correct signal.

Back