Vauxhall Astra valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone help? Don't know anything about cars but insurer wants to know if my 2002 Vauxhall Astra Club 1598 automatic has 8 valves or 16. How can you tell? :?:

Sponsored Links
I too think there is a strong chance of your engine being 16v, but there is a couple of 8v versions......these being the X16SZR and Z16SE engines.
(This is according to Autodata).
If you know anyone who has any car experience, its possible to identify 16v engines from the larger rocker cover.
John :)

Sponsored Links
It's an 8 Valver, Z16SE MPi engine. Clubs seem to get that unit. Nice unit as it goes.

X16SZR was the 8 valver up to approx 2000 model year. Also a nice little unit. Single point injection there.

Open the bonnet, look at the engine. If it says "Vauxhall" on the top cover and the top cover is only a bit wider than the "Vauxhall", it's an 8 valver. 16v have MUCH bigger covers.

I too think there is a strong chance of your engine being 16v, but there is a couple of 8v versions......these being the X16SZR and Z16SE engines.
(This is according to Autodata).
If you know anyone who has any car experience, its possible to identify 16v engines from the larger rocker cover.
John :)
I also think so.

It's an 8 Valver, Z16SE MPi engine. Clubs seem to get that unit. Nice unit as it goes.

X16SZR was the 8 valver up to approx 2000 model year. Also a nice little unit. Single point injection there.

Open the bonnet, look at the engine. If it says "Vauxhall" on the top cover and the top cover is only a bit wider than the "Vauxhall", it's an 8 valver. 16v have MUCH bigger covers.

You state the OP has an 8 valve unit...upto 2000, but the OP states that he has a 2002 model.....the rest of the information..if it says Vauxhall on the engine then that denotes what engine? In reality to my knowledge he has an 8v unit, inference.

moody, why do you post in this section, or any other for that matter?

you clearly have no idea about anything automotive as proven by your last tour de force about wheels where you actually managed to prove snico's point and not your own.

if you are just trolling then fair enough but i have a feeling you are actually that dumb.

Sponsored Links
Back