Vauxhall Combo Running Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a VX Combo 1.7 DI as my Rover had packed up, see other posts.
Its a 2004 53reg. On a morning, when engine is cold it seems to "Kangeroo" for first few miles/5mins, but ok after that.
Is there anything i can do to prevent this? What could be causing it?
Could it be fuel filter? I would of thought this would make it jump all time not just when cold.
Any suggestions are welcome

Sponsored Links
The display which shows time, radio station etc seems to be hazzy and dosnt work on a morning, but by 3-4pm it is fine and can be read crystal clear. What could be causing this?

Possibly sticky lifters,try oil change using quality proper grade oil.Radio problem possibly lcd on the blink.

Can you buy a diesel cleaner that you put in with diesel which cleans, like the petrol version you get?

Sponsored Links
there are plenty of fuel additives available such as redex,id say its probably more of an issue with the fuel enrichment for a cold start than anything else,cant hurt to give the engine a small service first though

It's a 2004 car,so there will be nothing you can fiddle with regarding cold start and running while warming up.The ECU will be in charge of any adustments,it probably advances the injection point and possibly increases the fuel input a little.
Change the fuel filter anyway if you don't know when it was last done,and regular oil and filter changes are always good.Put a can of diesel specific injector cleaner through it,redex,Wynnes,STP etc See how it goes then.

Back