Vauxhall Meriva Lacking power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vauxhall Meriva A 1.6 2004. Simply put, when the accelerator pedal is depressed, there is a delay before the engine revs increase. The result being that when driving there is a very slow response to speed increase through the gears. The EML remains off, so it’s not indicating any faults. I have replaced the throttle potentiometer, cleaned the throttle body and the EGR valve with Carb cleaner. I’ve also cleaned the MAF sensor with electrical contact cleaner. All to no avail. Any suggestions as to curing this problem would be both welcomed and very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
ch427,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my dilema. I did as you suggested, and disconnected the MAF sensor before taking it for a spin. I did notice a minimum improvement, but still not as responsive as you would expect from a 1.6, particularly lagging pick up power in 3rd gear. However, I feel we are getting somewhere to resolving my problem. Any other suggestions you may have would be most welcome. Thank you once again.

difficult to advise on faults like this, just randomly advising to swap parts can get expensive.
Has the car always been like this?
from memory it is a pretty gutless engine but 2 very common sensor failures on this model are the maf and the ect

Sponsored Links
Yes, car has been like this, I just never noticed it right away, as I am not the regular driver. Wifes car. Thanks for your input tho. I know one thing, I'll never touch a Vauxhall again :(

Back