Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9TD cutting out fault

rusty check the fuse box area under the rad filler bottle for water after it has rained,some times they let water in, i was told to do this, i used contact cleaner on all the relays and fuses in there,also the large blue connector, pull them all apart and spray both connectors,same with the relays, afet refitting all the connectors etc i soaked the area in wd40. woth a try as it will only cost you ,the price of contact cleaner and a tin of wd 40. you might also want to clean the air mass metre too.
i hope this solves your problem.

Sponsored Links
rusty check the fuse box area under the rad filler bottle for water after it has rained,some times they let water in, i was told to do this, i used contact cleaner on all the relays and fuses in there,also the large blue connector, pull them all apart and spray both connectors,same with the relays, afet refitting all the connectors etc i soaked the area in wd40. woth a try as it will only cost you ,the price of contact cleaner and a tin of wd 40. you might also want to clean the air mass metre too.
i hope this solves your problem.

Thanks very much for that tip--it would certainly explain why these vans dont seem to like wet and damp weather

Mine is a 2003 model. I did see the mechanic check fuses in a box beside the glove compartment on the passenger side? Is there a fuse box under the water filler bottle as well or is yours a newer model ?

Thanks again
Rusty

Does anyone know of anything I could look at for this fault.
when driving and dip clutch to change gear when approaching a junction the engine does not idle but cuts out, the first light to light is the glo plug lamp. Usually worse when cold but not only when cold. Happens if you dip clutch to see if faulty when coming up to a junction. This gives me time to jump start as normally very hard to start when cut out. Havn't a clue what to do.

This could be either the cold start coming which needs changing or hot plugs,same this with mine too! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Check your EGR Valve these are right after air filter box very easy to change or clean if i had one these vans which does not run well then they is a very good chance your EGR valve is dirty as they get absolutely full of black sut and jam preventing the valve from opening and closing, causing your van to loose power drive sluggish and rich on fuel. Even if I have no fault i always keep my EGR valve clean as the fuel economy is greatly improved. Changing my EGR valve added 10 miles a gallon (wow). A Good way to test your EGR Valve or for a tempory repair is to block the ports off with a metal gasket these can be bought here on eBay EGR Valve Blanking plates , If the vehicle runs fine with the ports blocked then it is the EGR valve that is at fault.
Check my guide it has full detailed diagrams of how to remove and test egr valve.
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Vivaro-Cu...Vivaro-Problems-Part-2?ugid=10000000175210704

or see http://www.bochpumps.com
or see http://www.boschpumps.co.uk

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i had the same fault wouldnt rev past 2500 rpm and some times the glow plug light would come on as well, after looking on here i removed the air box and found the wires rubbed through on injector no.3 i solderd the wire together and it now works like a dream.

Hi is it difficult to locate and remove fuel filter and pump in order to check for metal filings as my vauxhall vivaro 1.9 has on occasions cut out, dash lights come up telling me to stop but starts instantly upon turning the key, i then continue, but recently the engine feels like it is missing when driving becoming worse also feels like there is air in the fuel system.Thanks

I'm having same problems with my van 52 plate 150 k on the clock getting worse now before would re start but now won't at times had fitted onto it air mass sensor £110 turbo boost senor £40 diesel filter air filter egr valve cam shaft sensor three new injectors but no matter how many times you ask anyone including dealers they just say could be anything any more ideas would be gratefully appreciated Thanks [/i]

check the fuel pressure sensor on the outside and enter the number and order the Bosch one factor, which is what I did in the past 2 Ive installed.

Hello new on this site seen the vivaro problems thought I'd list a few problems /solutions that worked for me not saying every case the same though! 02 di vivaro stopping, stalling cutting out could be internal tank pump happened me I paid I think €300 for new one.
I later found out, later models don't have them(04/06)1.9, the high pressure has enough to draw fuel not sure exactly how to bypass connection I think needs done, check(google)!
Finding hard to start engine,smokey, swinging but won't fire(may on push start, check injectors with leak off test before purchasing new ones.) Possible cause.
Feeling sluggish, remove egr valve and clean carbon from inlet there will be a lot guaranteed! And can bypass egr by turning it 180* to point port away from outlet if you want, some agree some don't
Flat spots not revving properly, most likely air flow meter, buy genuine part or who ever makes it, others tend to play up after few 1000k
Van losing electrical power for a second or longer when u take a turn etc check 5" black plastic in battery box with red cable passin trough that the 150/175 fuse terminals are solid not shaking at all on the fuse itself and replace if in doubt, this can show on diagnostics as fuel pressure and leave light on dash if ecu senses drop in pressure a lot while running it thinks it's fuel problem.
05 dci 100, on initial start up it won't accelerate at all for minutes,or turn key off it may go first time, it may not have got a ecu update from main dealer which happens a lot they don't know it exists , it does, something to do with not enough fuel pressure ecu mod should rectify or injectors may need mod from diesel Bosch engineer,

I'm not a mechanic just had too much bad luck wit owning these, all the above is just what fixed my problems as they happened may not for u

Hope it helps!!

I HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH CUTTING OUT ON MY VIVARO THERE IS A FAULT WITH THE WIRE THAT CONECTS ON TO THE CRANK SENSOR VAUXHALL TRIED TO SELL ME A COMPLETE ENGINE WIRING LOOM SO I WENT TO RENUALT AND THEY STOCK THIS WIRE BECAUSE THE VIVARO HAS A RENAULT ENGINE AND THEY KNOW ABOUT THE FAULT MY VIVARO IS A 51 PLATE
FIXED IT STRAIGHT AWAY
REMEMBER CRANK SENSOR WIRE... NOT THE CRANK SENSOR

Sponsored Links
Back