Vauxhall Vivaro engine management & stop lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having some problems with my vivaro lately. i bought it off a friend and there were no lights on when he had it, it was then left sitting for just over a month before i got it.

pretty much first time i drove it the lights mensioned abover flashed on but then went off again straight away. Since then they started coming on more often and a couple of times it stoped reving and the power steering cut out?

I took it to a vauxhall dealer and they said 3 of the 4 injectors were faulty meaning a massive repair bill. i heard elsewhere that they could just be blocked and by driving at high revs for a while i might be able to clear the injectors.

Now the lights are on all the time (including when sat ticking over) except when rolling in gear and not touching the accelarator. however it drives along and doesnt cut out at all now.

Any advice on what it could be or what to do?

thanks in advance.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Dave,it`s worth a try although I wont guarantee it will work but try bunging some fuel injection cleaner in the tank.Haven`t done them for many moons but for my sins I did MOTs for 3 years and often putting some professional inj cleaner in the customers tank and sending them for a blast around the block sorted them out.Don`t use the cheap stuff,ask an current MOT tester what they use nowadays.

I`m not big on modern auto-electrical fault-finding but maybe if all`s running fine but computer says no(to quote a Little Britain sketch),then fault diagnosis system needs resetting.I`d be inclined to grab a reputable mobile auto-electrical engineer for a quote to reset.

I wont advise you just to ignore the lights as there are safety(and perhaps legal) issues connected with certain makes of cars suddenly going onto limp-home-mode whilst driver is overtaking.

Sponsored Links
i cant see injector cleaner helping you much but its worth a shot, you will need to add to a full tank of juice and run it through the system for a week or 2. A fuel filter change would be advisable too
Lots of info on the internet about these and sadly its all bad, ususally fuel system related

Back