Vauxhall Vivaro No Dash Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My van was working absolutely fine prior to this....

I disconnected the battery on my van and reconnected after about 1 hour
(I used the battery to start my car)

I now have no lights at all on the van, on the dash, the keys don't work
absolutely nothing....

I have tried jumping from my Wife's Mini Cooper and I still get no lights at all on the dash..nothing...

I have put a meter in the battery when connected to the mini and it read around 14.2v

I disconnected the mini and it read 13.2v

any ideas...is it the immobiliser related?

Cheers

Mark

Sponsored Links
Probably a stupid question, I acknowledge this much, but have you checked that the polarity is correct? If the battery is the wrong way round you would get nothing even on a jump.
Check all wires, including the branched earth that runs from the battery and make sure that no cables have come loose at the numerous junction points.

i don't know much about modern cars, vans but just as a precaution recheck your battery conections. and then check again. it may be that you disturbed an earth or pos conection. i hope it is as simple as this

Hi Djnikon,

The polarity is correct... I checked this 3 times ;)

I'm not even getting a glimmer of light anywhere in the van...
I simply don't understand what could cause this

I will check all cables tomorrow when I have light...But I'm not sure what to look for!

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
trace the earth (black) cable back tothe body and make sure it is tightly conected also trace the red wire to the next connection and make sure of that. sorry i can't help much more. :cry:

Often, near the positive battery terminal you'll find some seriously heavy duty fuses (60 amp or more). I guess one of these has blown.
John :)

hey did you ever get to solve the problem I’ve got the exact same problem as you and I don’t know where to start
Hi All,

My van was working absolutely fine prior to this....

I disconnected the battery on my van and reconnected after about 1 hour
(I used the battery to start my car)

I now have no lights at all on the van, on the dash, the keys don't work
absolutely nothing....

I have tried jumping from my Wife's Mini Cooper and I still get no lights at all on the dash..nothing...

I have put a meter in the battery when connected to the mini and it read around 14.2v

I disconnected the mini and it read 13.2v

any ideas...is it the immobiliser related?

Cheers

Mark

Sponsored Links
Back