vauxhall vivaro wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help, my 54 plate vivaro wont start this morning, the glow plug light does not come on and I cant hear the pump in the tank buzzing! turns over fine,
any replies would be appreciated , desperately need to get to work!!!

Sponsored Links
you could try it, nothing to lose. If you do a search on the internet there are hundreds of threads on non starting issues, you may find something to help.

Sponsored Links
Starting to regret buying this van , towed to 3 garages yesterday 2 of them had a snap on solus , both couldnt communicate with the vehicle! , last one had a tech 2 analizer and that also couldnt communicate with it, the chap couldnt even get communication with the abs or radio??

Any ideas anyone !!!!!

If diagnostic tools won't communicate, it might be worth checking all the earth connections to vehicle body. Starter motor might be working ok as probably got its own earth connection.
Do all the other warning lights work ok

The only light that doesn't come on is the glow plug light, also you can't hear the tank pump when you turn on the ignition!

Take the Radiator Expansion tank out and underneath it there are some extra fuse's. If one is blown it is likley that you have some wiring chaffed from the injectors. I'll try and dig out the wiring diagram for you at some point and narrow it down.

The fact that various diagnostic machines cant communicate with it tells me the ECU is not being fully powered up. Wouldnt mind guessing that if you pulled the air flow meter plug off and checked for feeds you wouldnt have a 5v sensor feed and/or a 12v supply.

Thanks for the replies everyone, vauxhall dealer found 4 broken wires in the loom that goes from ECU over gearbox!! The loom runs on the engine mount apparently! Hope that helps someone one day !!!

Sponsored Links
Back