Velux flashing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just prepping to fit a Velux window in my loft (GPL S06 with an EDP plain tile flashing kit), and I'm trying to work out what the relevance of the 105mm dimension on this step is about...

edpstep.png

Unfortunately, because this window is such a tight fit, I can only move it by up to 50mm, so that means there's only a 50% chance I can achieve the 105mm dimension (won't know for certain til I knock a hole in the roof). Would it cause any problems if this dimension was smaller? It must be something to do with the lower flashing piece, but I can't get my head around what it could be.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
its is for the flashing to fit you can go inside that measurement if the profile of the tile will allow it

With the EDP the relevance is this dimension is making sure you have the correct amount of headlap (flashing to tile) ..
Just do as the instructions say and you cant go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back