Velux Insect screen: can I mount it upside down?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I bought a velux mosquito net model ZIL C02 102 0000 2.

The window is to be mounted on a velux window that I have in the attic.

It turns out that the position of the window is such that the position of that initial tubular piece (the net reel) that is shown in the video below will be at the level of the head, so it will certainly get in the way (inclined attic).

The idea was to mount it upside down, so that this tubular piece would be on the lower part of the window where it would be less intrusive, or nothing, as it is in the lower part of the attic.

Is it okay to do this? so, at first glance it seems to me that the only problem will be that the garbage that may fall to the mosquito net will enter the reel, by gravity, and I don't know if it is easy to get out of there. I am talking about pine needles and insects.

You can see the montage video here. The piece I'm talking about is the first part of the video:

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
It appears the short answer is yes.
See this video from Velux, showing several configurations including one you describe:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back