Velux loft windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help ? I have 20 year-old double-glazed Velux windows in my loft, and they collect condensation inside the two panes. I suppose this is a fault in the rubber, but I want to clean inside, and replace the rubber if possible. Can an amateur take a Velux window apart ? I think they can be removed using the 'push pin lock' (from what I've read elsewhere), and from the look of it, it's just a matter of unscrewing the two sections apart.

Is it as simple as it seems ? Are there any pitfalls ?

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

John

Sponsored Links
You can remove the velux opener by pushing the pins in as you suggest, but the condensaton between the panes is a different matter - this is a sealed double glazed unit which doesn't come apart for maintenance. The simplest solution will be to remove the glass, measure it accurately and have a glazier manufacture a new sealed unit to size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back