Velux widow leaking asvice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, about 6 months ago i had 2 velux windows installed in a new extension, i have just moved in and i have noticed that one of them lets water in.

If you can imagine the internal jamb, water seems to pool there and the run down the one corner of the frame, there is not alot of water and it only happens when it rains a little faster but it still shouldnt come in.

the other velux is fine.

I just wandered if anyone came across this type of problem before and what was the outcome. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
fitted correctly velux are fool proof.

people do tend to p*ss about with the foam upstands and don't follow the instructions correctly. this can be problematic.

never had a problem with them personally.

when using plain tiles, installing tile'n'halfs is essential, instead of half cut tiles.

noseall said:
fitted correctly velux are fool proof.

people do tend to p*ss about with the foam upstands and don't follow the instructions correctly. this can be problematic.

never had a problem with them personally.

when using plain tiles, installing tile'n'halfs is essential, instead of half cut tiles.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply as i said the other velux is fine and is fitted exactly the same. so i dont know whats up with it

Sponsored Links
hi, yes i have a guarentee on them but as its coming from the unit itself, surely it cant be the installers fault?, ie what could he have done as to why water wold come into the actual window. This is definately not a flashing issue.

Can these veluxes be adjusted once fitted, the one in question looks slightly off centre ie a consistent 3mm gap one side and say a 5mm gap the other, i know these come pre hung though ?

The one that doesnt leek has 4mm all round, maybe the other one was a poorly maufactured one?

Cheers

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back