Velux Window Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Architect has specified the following.

(U Value to equal or better 1.3 W/m2K)

Install the following Velux roof windows in positions as indicated on the plans and elevations, complete with Flashing Kit (code: EDN2000) for slate roof finish including recessed flashing, insulated internal collar, underfelt collar and all fixings in accordance with the manufacturer’s printed instructions:

• Hall: Velux GGL, FK04 or MK04 to be confirmed with client, manually operated central pivot, white polyurethane internal finish, 780(w) x 1000mm(h)

Builder has come back with.

2 New double velux windows to be installed on both sides of the roof over the kitchen and lounge area. Material cost £1750

I have asked him to confirm, etc. But I dont see Velux selling a "Double" unit. Is that right?

Also are their any equivalents?

Fakro seem to crop up.

Also would treble glazing make a big difference on this size window? Reason I ask is all other windows will be triple glazed. We are in a bit of an exposed area in Scotland and very close to a road.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
You can have single, double or triple velux windows
I bought triple glazed skylight for my extension.

Go for velux, triple if you want, they're tried and tested and not that much more expensive than other makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back