velux window air gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im building an extension and am planning to install velux windows into the roof but im concerned about the air gap after i install the window , how will the air flow over this section of roof if the window is installed ?? any ideas anybody

Sponsored Links
Tilevents above+ below.....that`s what mine have ;) done by a builder before I bought this house

we had this problem when installing a horizontal bank of four velux windows.

it was remedied using a breathable membrane.

My Building Inspector let me get away with it. He said that as I had ventialtion at the top and bottom of the pitch there would still be some air movement above and below the veulx's - even though there wasn't a continuous air path.

Sponsored Links
My extension is cross battened, double felted using breathable membrane and it has a couple of Velux windows in it. This type of construction was done as per local BC guidance.

[Edit] Ooops - forgot to mention there are no additional vents anywhere above or below the velux windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back