Vent Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a 1954 bungalow. I noticed that there is no vent pipe poking through the roof. There is also no short type one inside anywhere. Is this normal? I thought all houses needed a vent pipe. All of the sinks etc drain into gulleys and the toilet is the only item that goes direct into the sewers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Good year that......is there one OUTside anywhere :?:

You may find a short vent stack in the garden somewhere.... Buried in a flower bed perhaps?....
Or does the stack have an air admittance valve fitted in the loft, or boxed in inside the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
There is nothing visible outside, I followed where the sewer should go under the garden and nothing. There is no waste plumbing in the loft at all and the toilet discharges straight into the floor. There isnt any visible vent on the neighbouring properties of the same era either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back