vent radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi .i had a combi boiler installed three months. since then i have to vent my hall radiator every week. its a single storey with 6 rads.whats causing the one rad to be vented so frequently? cheers

Sponsored Links
that rad may be just slightly higher than the rest therefore the air already in the system is being depositited in this rad.
Another is corrosion in pipework causing (gassing) try lighting vent while you are bleeding the rad, this will tell you if this is the case or not, dont worry you wont blow yourself up , it will produce a small flame if it is gassing ,

Sponsored Links
Another is corrosion in pipework causing (gassing) try lighting vent while you are bleeding the rad, this will tell you if this is the case or not, dont worry you wont blow yourself up , it will produce a small flame if it is gassing ,

And if it is it may be because you have no inhibitor in the system (Google Fernox Inhibitor)

was the combi an upgrade from a conventional open vented system?
Check for leaks and get installer back to rectify.

Combi usually means sealed system so you should not be bleeding it this regularly, if you are you must also having to be topping it up with fresh water.
This would indicate you have a leak somewhere .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back