Vent: Tick box merchants.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My company seems to have a habbit of employing "managers" who are tick box merchants (as in are perfectly good at filling in a few forms and relying on the skilled people 'beneath' them to provide the results) but when they are required to put in their tuppence worth reffer to information they have read about an never actually applied in practice with out any practical methods or reasons.......

Does anyone else have a load of ***** working with them.....?

Every effort I seem to put into my work now seems to back up these ******* and I dont get any credit for my work myself.....

This was impacted last month where I applied for a managment postion and was 'unseccessful' only to see another **** take on the role...

It seems that companies are either stupid.... or clever at trying to trap people who know what they are doing in their roles as it would be more difficult to replace 'knowledgable' people.

I have a slogan on the wall in my offce "If you're not part of the solution.. then you are probably the manager" Which at the moment is proving words well written.

Does it sound like time to move on to another firm... Or what other options have I got...

Whats it like out there at the moment for self employed guys?

Vent over.

Thanks for listening.

Rob

Sponsored Links
not really, but as I work in an industry which this forum covers thought I could vent in here...

I guess I should look in the dictionary for sympathy... I think I'll find it somewhere between sh1t and syphilis...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back