VENTED WITH PUMP OR UNVENTED THAT IS THE QUESTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cut a very long story sort. I am upgrading my heating and hot water system as it is an old floor standing gravity fed system without any zone values.

I have 2 bathroom and an on suite. 5 bedroom house with 7 people living here.

The 2 bathroom get used alot and currently have an old cylinder which is very small and old (red jacket one) and most probably full of limescale and sludge.

I have an cold water tank in loft and a shower pump which feeds in only one of the showers from the cylinder.

Both shower will be used at the same time and I would like a powerful shower.

So here the story so far:

I have had some plumbers in and various advise.

One suggestion is to instal a unvented cylinder and new boiler. (problem is the main is old lead pipe and then goes into a 15mm pipe. they have check the pressure at it is fine but the flow rate is under the recommend guidlines for a unvented. So 1 souluton was the upgrade the mains and hope for the best. second was to install a 100 gallon tank in the celler with a pump which will pump to the unvented cyclinder.

the other option is the have a upgraded vented clynider 300l and have a multi shower shower pump installed to the showers.

OR

To have 2 100 gallon cold water tanks in loft and 3.5 pump. and also ungrade the vented cyclinder to a 300l one.

I am very confused and really dont know what to do so your help would be appreciated.

Like I said all I want is a system with is going to give me a powerful shower and enough hot water without having to wait 40mins each time two shower which is what happening currently.

Thanking you in advance

Sponsored Links
Unvented cylinder. Accumulator tank to store water
at pressure. Old boiler will be fine assuming it is reasonable.
Upgrade controls and radiators/valves as necessary.
This assumes you have a reasonable mains pressure of approx 2-2.5 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back