shower Pump And Cyclinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I about to get my bathroom redone with a walking shower and possibly a 200mm or 400mm Drench Shower Head.

I currently have a gravity system with Vented Cylinder.
The Cylinder is very old and on its last legs and needs replacing.

I would go for a unvented cylinder or megaflow but my mains is pretty low 12-14l/min and Thames Water have told that I would need to upgrade the street main which would cost £1500 - £2000 which is way out of my budget.

So I would like to upgrade the cylinder and fit a shower pump as my cold water tank in the Loft is 50 Gallons.

I need some advice:)

1. What size Cylinder should I get ? if I intend to use either a 200mm or
400mm shower head. There are 3 people in the house.

2. I intend to place the shower pump 4 metres away from the shower I
have a rough drawing up. As there are bedrooms next to the air
cupboard and just below the loft and don't want to be disturbed by
the pump in morning

If any one could recommend which type of pump I should be looking for?

aoqdrp.png

thank you

Boiler is a 30K Baxi FS

Sponsored Links
the type of boiler/system could have a bearing on the size of cylinder required.
If you have a old boiler on gravity circulation you'll need a bigger cylinder, and if a modern boiler/system you could fit a high recover cylinder wired to give Priority HW and use a smaller cylinder.
You can use any normal shower pump, obviously quality and pressure differences depending on budget/preference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back