Ventilating a mansard roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone ideas of the best way of going about it. Apparently the room above....is sweating and needs ventilated. Not seen the job yet but assuming the house above is habited.

There wanting me to put roof vents in the side of the vertical roof. Without knowing much about mansard roofs wondering if anyone has any better ideas. I,ll be honest....not sure if that would even be of any benefit. Personally think they would need a opening in the plasterboard with a vent cover connected up to the roof vent into the room or up through the flat roof for it to work.

Admittedly tho...i m not too sure dealing with mansard roofs.

Dont think the ones that live above want anything going through the flat roof.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Should be picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20200117-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200117-WA0000.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 174
Sponsored Links
Cheers datarebal. Much appreciated. 4 across near the top inbetween the velux windows. Gonna look a proper eyesore but its better than condensation.

Think their only wanting vents that side as the other side think might be owned by someone else ....pretty sure thats the back...just hoping four in their will get the job done. Any thoughts on that bud? Four in one side be enough to get the room breathing?

Sponsored Links
Very much appreciated bud. They look a lot better than the universal ones i was looking at earlier thats for sure. Will cut the felt....hopefully be enough to get the room breathing.

Guessing thats a warm flat roof....the insulation keeping the heat in the home....the vents should in theory help remove it and get it breathing again.

Up to this point as a basic roofer thats always wanting to learn ventings been a simple case of adding vents...problem solved. But this one through me a bit.

Mansards look a bit of a law to themselves.

Cheers data...appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back