Ventilation - insulated shed with vapour barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a shed/ cabin for mini cinema which has be been insulated and polythene vapour barrier installed, following with plasterboard.
I am trying to keep a little sound proofing. I know it's difficult due to the type of structure, but still trying to make the best of it. I have posted about ventilation requirement once before and it was suggested maybe not to bother with a vent (due to sound leakage) and just open the door periodically to air. I have no windows. Would that be sufficient? It would only be myself in there most of the time and I would have small heater in there in winter. It is 4m long 3m wide and 3 meters to ceiling.
I found accoustic vents which could be an idea:
http://rts.vents.co.uk/blog/product-details/aac125lp-rytons-super-acoustic-lookryt-aircore
An additional question. If I did use the above vent, how do you get it through the vapour barrier and acheive a good seal again? Do I just cross slit the barrier and then use lots of vapour tape on to the tube of vent? Can I create some kind of collar? If so, how?
Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Don't know the answer to your question but what type of heater would you be using?
Bottled gas produces a lot of condensation and paraffin/oil heaters produce fumes. Opening the door periodically will not be sufficient for any of these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back