Venturi shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a complete newbie to this site and also to plumbing but I like to research everything very thoroughly so here I am! I am looking to have a shower installed into our en-suite. We did have an electric shower but never used it after the first week of moving in here as it tripped all the upstairs lights - something about being circuited into the light circuits?? Anyway, not great so we never used it.

We have mains cold water and gravity fed hot water, and from all the things I have read, a venturi system seems to be advised. But I can find no review of how good or reliable they actually are!

The en-suite is on the 2nd floor of our house with the cold water tank over 30cm above it, and the hot water tank is in the airing cupboard on the floor below. I will chat to a plumber about it but thought i'd find out as much as I can before I do this. Has anybody got any thoughts or reviews on the venturi systems? I was looking at the Ideal Standard Boost.

Thank you so much in advance - i've often read posts in previous researches and always find them very useful. Have taken the plunge and joined!

Sponsored Links
Have you contacted an electrician to fix the wiring? Might be the cheapest and least disruptive option

venturi showers do actually do what they say and are a good alternative to power showers but there is not that many about so price is not competitive

Thanks for the replies. We have completely ripped out the bathroom as we are in the process of re-doing the top floor of our house, so since we are already completely disrupted we thought we'd try to put back in what is best! I will talk to a plumber about the venturi systems. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Well, now we know ;)

Instead of using one of the limited range of venturi, the ither somewhat obvious solution would be to install a pump which, in addition to opening up a wider range of thermostatic shower mixers would have the added advantage of supplying better pressure at the basin tap too.

Venturi showers are an alternative if almost all else fails.
Not wonderful in the flow rate dept, can't use multi-mode handsets, can be temperamental.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back