Verdict, a year or so on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The usually open valve fitted to the bypass reduces return temperatures and means that well balances radiators will contribute to a return with a 20 degree diff from the flow.

This optimises condensing which saves money, and it stops the boiler from cycling as often. Radiators also get hotter.

Without question this for me is an absolute result and a complete no brainer. For anyone with a similar dilemma about bypass issues and using intelligent pumps with auto bypass valves etc. Don't waste your time with taco nova flowsetters and the like. Fit a usually open bypass valve to the bypass wired to the same points as the CH valve.

It's great. My system is totally optimised!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I vaguely remember some boring thread by the op a while ago where fixed, and differential by passes were debated and the op came up with some bizarre arrangement to give a circuit.

But frankly I'm far too interested in some naval fluff on my finger to comment much more on the subject.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back