Verdigris on 30 plus year old copper pipe heating system - Should I replace?

B

blaire81

I've got some copper pipes with verdigris near the joints

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
if you polish it off with a green nylon pan scourer and a rag, the copper will be clean and bright. Watch it to see if more limescale or green stain appears round the joint. If it does, it's weeping a bit.

If not, it's just that your uncaring plumber couldn't be bothered to wipe off the acidic flux when he installed it.

Last edited:
Thanks JohnD! Perhaps it's more likely the plumber was slightly lazy (Full tummy after lunch perhaps) because if the joints were weeping what are the chances that every or most of the joints were weeping slightly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
JohnD has a pathological hatred of plumbers.

Lemon_1 of this parish can advise about green staining :ROFLMAO:

only those who are racist, abusive or deliberately unhelpful.
no john you are a plumberophobic and a gasmanist,I think that john wanted to be a plumber when he was young,unfortunatly he could not make the grade and was fired from a plumbing company in Surry,this is the only reason I can think of for his irrational hatred of anyone in the plumbing trade or anyone from Surry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back