Veritas 8 advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody help?

I have been doing some work at a residential property and was asked to replace some shock sensors on the window frames. After i had a look, it was obvious that the reason that they were all hanging loose was because the old wooden frames had been replaced by Upvc frames and the fitters chose to leave them off! They also had a lump of the wooden frame still attached, this, i presume was to stop them having to remove the cover and set the tamper off. Anyway, i took the bull by the horns and re-fitted them and all was well until i came to the front door which had a round recessed reed switch hanging, the mating part been carted off with the old door, and the back door which had magnetic long reed switch taped together with the magnet again hanging loose. What can i replace the recessed switch with as i cannot bore out the Upvc door and the long magnetic reed switch cannot be mounted in the correct position to enable the magnet to contact the switch! Can anybody please advise?

Many thanks,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Can anybody please advise?.

only door you "cant" contact is solid glass. You can get "heavy duty" surface contacts that will work.
The "good thing" about pvc doors is that there is little metal to interfear with the magnetic flux, so often the contact and magnet can be be apart a fair bit, but still work.

clicky other cheaper suppliers of heavy duty contacts are available

did you not know there is an alarm forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back