how to power down veritas r8 to replace reed switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how to power down veritas r8 to replace reed switch?

I did have a local come out to replace it but after a walk test they decided against customer being right and my alarm just needed a new battery service and did one. Another local wants 65 call out charge before any parts + labour.

I know its the door reed switch because i had to tap the sensor then it would chime because it was sticking.

Is the order I need to follow - I switched off mains and the alarm box green light started flashing to indicate it was running off the back up battery?

switch off mains
enter code (is this normal code or engineers code) + reset
take off alarm box panel
dis connect battery
replace reed switch

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you have a faulty door contact ?
Take off contact
Enter code to silence alarm
Replace with new contact
Enter user code on press reset.

yes, its a wired one

i dont have to power off or anything?

Sponsored Links
No need to, there's no power to short out in a contact. If you're careful, keep the tamper pair twisted together when you change the contact over and it shouldn't make any noise. Powering down will probably cause more problems than leaving the system switched on in this instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back