Veritas R8 Sounding Internally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a Veritas R8 that was fitted many years ago & is long out of support, so I try to look after it myself. I've just had my electricity meter replaced, meaning the electricity was off. As soon as it was switched off, the alarm started to sound. What was strange was that it was only sounding internally. This reminded me that it's happened before during power cuts. The panel had a light on it but entering my code didn't stop the alarm, it stopped on its own after around 15 minutes.

My first thought was dead battery. I assume the external box battery is dead as that didn't sound, so I'll get that replaced.

I can't understand why the internal alarm sounded, though. For that to happen, the battery in the main box has to be good to power the alarm. In those circumstances, why ring the internal alarm? And why wouldn't the code at the panel switch it off?

Sponsored Links
power failure by the sounds of it and when the battery is run very low may get strange behaviours should rectify after battery charge is back up.

what size is the battery and when was it last changed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, sounds like battery. The battery was changed a couple of years ago, I think, but I can't remember the size. I have to move a lot of if the way to access it, so not a simple check. I'll look at getting a replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back