Veritas R8 Plus - Cabbaged or Resettable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've bought a house, it has a Veritas R8 Plus based alarm, I've no idea what the codes are.

http://www.texe.com/uk/products/series/control-panels/veritas-series/

Is it now landfill, or is there a way to reset these?

The original installer (750 quid and made a mess of the house) wants 80 quid callout plus signing up to a maintenance contract just to answer this question.

I set the bloody thing off so it's presently de-powered. (no mains, no battery in the main box, no battery in the siren box)

Cheers,

--
Marko

Sponsored Links
Power it up, press reset within the first 10 seconds while all of the zone LEDs are on. Job done. It's all in the manual which is easily available online.

Be aware that by doing this you'll have to reprogram the thing from scratch.

Sponsored Links
And we're in... ...it would appear that the chimp who fitted it didn't secure the control panel. Thanks for the tip!

Now to decide whether to utilise it, or tear it out to fit something with a GSM autodialler that also covers the (more vulnerable) outbuildings. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back