Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've a problem with my new Veritas R8 with remote keypad , it is going to be fitted as a replacement for my ancient Omnicron 9000.
I'm trying it out before actually fitting it in place of the old Omnicron , I've put temporary joining links for the 8 zones and the tamper links, I taped the springs for the tamper on the keypad and main circuit board.
When I try to set the panel all the red LED's light up and green LED flashes, it then beeps for about 9 times ,I can only seem to be able to stop the beeps when I enter 4321 which I assume is the engineer code.
The battery is new, plus I tried the panel with mains power temporary fitted.
The alarm is being used for my garage and workshop plus shed,I don't need the timed entry/exit, which is how the old alarm worked.
I've taken a photo of the circuit board with the zones each linked separately , when I eventuality sort the problem out do I have to use the entry/exit circuit ?
The panel is CFC.0001,Build revision 6 with firmware version 3.22.
My alarm box and keypad are fitted in the house.

Any help will of course be very welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    668.6 KB · Views: 238
Sponsored Links
When no a.c. power to control panel you need to set panel differently.
Code number omit 0 prog
Try that.
The springs could also caused an issue taped down,would be better putting pcb back in control panel houses ,same with keypad.Screenshot_20201122-173829.png

Veritas panels on power up start to set.

Unset light flashing would indicate a power problem. and tamper may also be displayed.

during setting process if you press omit 0 prog that will omit a power fault, omit 9 prog a tamper fault and omit 1-8 prog omit an active zone.

Sponsored Links
Hello Handymanjo and secureiam,
Thanks for your help ,I've tried the methods suggested but regretfully I was still having problems until I noticed the tamper light occasionally flickered for a second or so , I checked the tamper switch on the control panel and keypad. This is when I noticed that if I 'wiggled' the spring on the tamper switch on the keypad it showed a poor intermittent connection.

To temporarily bypass the switch I looped a wire across the circuit board connections of the switch ,this helped me get on with setting up the panel.

I still have a few problems which I suspect is due to my incorrect setting up the options , If I try to arm the panel using new password then FULL the green led flashes for awhile ,with no beeps, then it stays on.
I found out if I entered 4321 then FULL the green led stays on and the panel beeps at about 2 beeps intervals,then stops, the green led goes off and the panel is armed.

Can I set the panel so that I don't need the timed entry/exit, the reason being the keypad and control panel are in my house and the garage,shed and workshop are at the end of my garden,this is how I used my old Omnicron panel.

I hope all my ramblings make some sense to you !

Thanks again for helping me.

Hello,
Thanks again for your quick reply, I've got the panel working using the 4321 password and will use this temporary as a quick fix until I've read and re-read the manuals !
When I changed the password then tried to set the panel the green led flashes for the countdown time.without any beeps, then the green led stays on , the panel is therefore not set.
Also I just can't find out how to arm the panel without it going through the countdown stage, on my ye olde Omnicron 9000 panel I could key in the password,then SET, with the panel then being armed.
Many thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.

sound to me you may have made the common error of the engineers code being changed and not the user code.(4321 is the default user code).

pressing Full on its own will usually set the system arming.

Sorry for the delay in replying due to being unable to access my gmail account as it doesn't recognise me !!
Yes,you're correct it must have been one of my many 'senior moments'
Thanks very much, regards from Neale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back