Veritas R8 Unset Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve a Veritas R8 panel with the unset light flashing. Not a duplicate thread as:

I checked battery output as was dead
Checked fuse … ok
Replaced battery … fault persists
Closed panel and enter code + reset 2x … fault persists

I’m now not convinced the panel is recharging the battery when required or drawing power from it?

Tested with multimeter, new battery output is perfect at both the battery terminals and also connectors on the panel board ( from fly leads ).

I then disconnected the negative terminal at the battery, went positive to positive on the multimeter, and negative lead to the negative fly lead … no voltage!

Any ideas? Fault panel or otherwise?

Could a dead battery in a bell box cause this power unset light flashing too perhaps … not checked that yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Remove battery …what’s coming out of battery leads ? Should be around 13.8 v dc ….if nothing REMOVE battery fuse to test it , if it’s ok ….bin panel

I’ll check the voltage from the battery leads with battery disconnected when I return … haven’t checked that yet - thanks.

When measuring the battery when disconnected the voltage was just over 13 v dc - cant remember the exact decimal.

I have previously removed, tested and also replaced the glass fuse - removed fuse was fine but I put a new one in to rule out the fuse.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked, mains power in 230V, ac power out of transformer about 18/19V AC.

Flashing unset light indicates power fault not necessarily battery fault of memory serves me correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back