Veritas Unset Flashing Again...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So about a month ago i noticed the 'unset' light flashing on my alarm keypad and after a quick google it seemed to point to a dud battery so i ordered a new one, swapped them over and seemed to do the trick....however today i have noticed that the unset light has started flashing again.

Veritas 8/ R8

Any idea what it could be and anything DIY i could give a go?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
An alarm I had few years ago the fuse in control panel had blown think there was 3 fuses batt-bell-aux just changed the fuse and it was fine .

Sponsored Links
the flashing unset light indicates a power failure.

You need to check if the battery is working/ mains is working to the panel.

Veritas panels used to have glass fuses until the boards were redesigned a few years back, you need to check the battery fuse, I would say you can get them from Maplins, but eay is probably easier now and as cheap, just have to wait for delivery.

Checked the fuses, they are all glass but are still all intact. There were some spares inside the box so i swapped out the battery one anyway but still got the flashing light.

Power to the unit seems fine, all the keypads are working and everything else seems to be working other than the flashing light and is preventing me from setting the alarm

setting the alarm as normal press omit 0 prog.

if you disconnect he battery does the panel no longer light up at all (mains fault). If you had a meter youcould measure voltages bith dc and Ac to check things are working properly to start with.

Your making assumptions without testing. The unset light flashing is a power fault.

I will get my hands on a multimeter and have a check. I do remember having a couple of power cuts last week not sure if thats anything to do with it? Is there a way to completely power down the system (without the alarm going crazy) and restart it again from fresh asif i was installing it from new?

Just tried with a voltmeter. Not sure if ive done it right but putting the pins on the ac wires on the panel i get a reading of 18.6? Putting the wires on the battery i get 22.

Edit - those numbers were with the meter set to V~200. What setting should i use?

Last edited:
Meter on dc setting ....at battery leads with battery connected around 13.80 v dc
Disconnect battery , output from leads around 13.80 v dc , check battery terminals again around the same voltage ( this does not confirm a faulty battery )

Transformer output around 21v ac

Ok so
with battery connected im getting 10.4dc from the leads (assume this is the voltage currently in the battery?)
Disconnected im only getting 1.46 dc from the lead? Is this the problem and hence why battery is los9ng voltage and not charging?

Ac input looks to be 18.8ac

Just tested the fuse. Seems fine. Also tested the spare and get a similar reading (around 0.06). Noticed they are only 1a though is that right? Thats all thats ever been in there though, havent touched it for the past 4 years.

Pic of pcb attached

dg2t95.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back