Veritas 8 - want to stop bell box flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I moved into a house with a Veritas 8 alarm recently and this weekend I changed the security code.

Only since then, the red and green lights on the bell box outside are constantly flashing - even when the alarm isn't on.

Note: To change the code, I followed the instructions I was left, and that didn't work. So I googled and found other versions of the manual which gave a combination of buttons that did work and enabled me to change the code. I'm thinking that there must have been unintended consequences when I pressed the buttons that the first set of instructions said to.

Can anyone tell me how to stop the red and green light on the bell box from flashing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your bellbox is working correctly. LEDs must be always flashing. This default function has no relation to change of the code or what you can control from the panel.

The way to stop it flashings is to open bellbox and disconnect/cut LEDs wires.

As above, it's working correctly and acts as a deterrent to would be thieves, showing them it's not just a dummy box screwed to the wall.
Also depending on the box, the speed and sequence of the flashes can indicate a healthy system or an issue.
My advice would be leave it alone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back