Veritas alarm zone problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First of all, apologies if there is an obvious answer to this - I know nothing about alarms but can't really find a suitable answer anywhere.

I have a Veritas 8 alarm system, which was serviced last year (had all the PIR units replaced to pet friendly ones also). It's been working fine - however yesterday it stopped allowing set. When trying to set it beeps 7 times and shows a solid light under Zone 7. The problem is there are no PIR units under that zone. When I do a test I can identify 1 as being the front door and 2,3,4,5 and 6 being the 5 PIR units I have in the house.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? There are definitely only 5 units so unsure what 7 could be??

Any help much appreciated before I have to get the alarm company in.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
....................................and 6 being the 5 PIR units I have in the house.

You have 5x PiRs on the same circuit?

I hope not, that would be a big problem, unless they have been wired correctly to tell you which one of the 5 has activated should you have an activation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back