Veritas R8 Alarm Engineer Code query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been searching for a few days but can't find any answers specifically to my problem.

I have the R8 and have changed the user code to my own no problem, I also have managed to enter the programming menu and do a walk test to find out what zones are what rooms. But when I try to enter any other part of the programming menu it just sounds a low tone beep like an error beep.

Is this where I need the engineer code? I've tried 1234 and 4321 neither do anything. I've read online if the engineer code is locked there's little I can do but I don't know if its locked, i just don't know the code.

All I want to do is change some of the part zone settings, can anyone help? I've asked the previous owner and he can't help. Or am I doing something wrong and I should be able to do this without it?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Default panel ....but if it's locked and you won't know until you try it , then you will need a new pcb ...

Thanks, can i check when you say default the panel you mean re-load factory settings and power down the unit as per the manual?

Also, if it is locked, will i lose all my settings and then be stuck with it as a factory default then? Or will it not let me factory reset?

Sponsored Links
Do you know who installed the alarm system? As you say you can reset the alarm panel to factory settings by powering down but if the installer boss-coded the engineer code you wont get the default 1234 engineer code & would need the pcb resetting by Texecom so it would probably be as cheap to buy a new one.
The original owner should know who installed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back