Veritas R8 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just moved into a new house with a veritas R8 alarm installed. I have the engineer code and the Installation manual. I would like I change a zone to make it an entry or exit zone but am having difficulty. I can get into the engineer menu with no difficulty but when I try to go into most options it is giving me the error tone. Some options seem to work, for example I can press 60 to change the engineer code or 19 to do a walk test but as soon as I press anything between 11 and 18 to change a zones properties I get the error tone. I have tried a few other options and many seem to give me the error tone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
do you have the correct manual? there was a pre 200 version that used a different programming method.

Ha ha thanks .
Well I am an engineer , seen itso many times especially on a user trying to change their code " well the Internet said press prog" . And they wonder why it doesn't work

Sponsored Links
No, I do have the correct manual but I now realise that it is the engineer code that is incorrect. The previous owner told me that the code was the engineer and user code but it is only the user code because I understand that you can't have the same code for both. So I can only change the settings that you can change with the user code. Never mind, I will just have to leave it as it is! Thanks for the suggestions.

Fair enough .

Justa word of warning those panels the eng code can e locked into the nvm . If you try and default the system and the ncm is locked you will not be able to change any settings and may need to replace the panel .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back