battery change for R8 veritas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it straight forward to change the battery for a veritas R8 alarm or do we need an engineer. the battery is YUASA i think 12V

Sponsored Links
dead easy on most panels

open panel
tamper alarm goes off
enter your code
change battery, obsere polarity
write today's date on battery
close lid
reset alarm acording to instructions for tamper alarm

breezer";p="1049688 said:
dead easy on most panels

open panel
tamper alarm goes off
enter your code
change battery, obsere polarity
write today's date on battery
close lid
reset alarm acording to instructions for tamper alarm

assuming it doesn`t need a engineer reset on tamper then yes. might be programmed for engineer to do so, but you won`t know till you try

dirkdangler, why are you so negative?

....assuming it doesn`t need a engineer reset on tamper

anyone asking a question only wants to know the "how do i?", not the what if, you tell too many what if's (if they wanted to know that what ifs they would ask)

its like me saying dont go out today you may get knocked down and killed by a bus (I know some that did happen to)

Sponsored Links
don`t mean to be negative mate. im just trying to point out that if its opened it might not be useable again. is it not better to point this out before hand? cheers

is it not better to point this out before hand?

No.

You should also point out they should connect black to black red to red and dont let the terminals touch the pcb, dont wear any jewelry while doing it, the list goes on, but i dont mention it because to some one only wanting to change a battery they will got so worried about doing it they may end up not doing it at all.

and also as you mentioned you have no idea if the tamper will require an engineer to reset it or not.

so again you are making some one worry about something that in all probability ill never happen.

best not to tell them because you could / should have to go on for hours with the whole list of what ifs.

it was a quite valid point to make about the engineer reset.

don't criticise him for making a valid point.

its not a valid point. there for irelevant and not worth mentioning.

any one who is contemplating changing an alarm panel battery should be doing it to an alarm they own, not rent.

If they own it engineer reset should not be on

if its rented the alarm company is paid to change it.

even tho engineer reset should not be on if the system is owned by the client. sometimes it is, ive been to atleast a dozen or so systems that have engineer reset enabled when the customer owns the system.

sometimes it is, ive been to atleast a dozen or so systems that have engineer reset enabled when the customer owns the system.

whoopee. and your point is?

So how many alarms have you been to? lets say 1000 (probably more)

12 of 1000 is less than 1,5%

so you too are saying the OP should worry if he is one of the less than 1.5%

engineer reset should only operate when the system is set, and is set off, not unset and a tamper condition is created (which the OP will be doing by opening the lid to change the battery)

you worry far too much, the op only wants to change his battery.

well let him change his battery then. and if it goes into a state in which it needs to be reset by an engineer, he will have to call out his alarm company and get charged £50+

He might as well try it.

It would be pointless getting someone out if it didn't need it.

Macwills, stop worrying the OP, he has nothing to loose.

and it also helps if YOU made your mind up

......... he will have to call out his alarm company and get charged £50+

what would be the point in him changing the battery if he has an alarm company that will do if for him.

How do you know what "his" alarm company will charge? you don't have a clue, you are just guessing.

I am not doubting your ability, just your customer relations

its just the average call out is around £50, that is from what customers have been quoted by other alarm companies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back