veritas R8 loudspeaker HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all,first post on here,but i'm sure it wont be the last.Fitted veritas R8 alarm before christmas to a friends plumbing shop.Today i fitted a door contact to the front door(door entry alert),and installed a loundspeaker in the back office,.Alert tone was very quiet,and wholesaler said to change speaker(changed but still quiet) and then new panel(changed but still quiet)......please help.... :?:

Sponsored Links
Have you connect both loudspeakers? The one that comes with/in the panel and your new one?

If so, have you done this in series or parallel?

There is a volume control on the PCB for the loudspeaker. This maybe too low, although from default it wouldn't be.

Sponsored Links
Is the new loudspeaker 16 ohm impedance?
The total load including the built-in speaker must not be less than 4Ω (e.g. 2 x 8Ω speakers in parallel, 4 x 16Ω speakers in parallel, 2 x 2Ω speakers in series, 4 x 1Ω speakers in series, etc.)

Problem solved,turned out to be the cable i used was off a part coil,and had been damaged on another job.Thanks for all the suggestions much apprieciated :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back