Veritas R8 help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I have got a veritas R8 alarm panel problem I am
Having is I can't full set it or get the external bellbox
to sound if I part set it.

I only have 4 door contacts wired to the system with the front door entry/exit with a time delay and the other 3 back doors basically set that if there opened the alarm will sound.

But when I hit FULL SET the panel shows no red zone lights or anything just a tone like a setting tone(tho different tone than part setting) but after the exit time currently 15 seconds the alarm goes off straight away.. Won't set at all but it's only the internal sounder that goes off the external bellbox doesn't sound but does strobe

Also when I part set, and set alarm off again external box only strobes but no sound from it

If I do the bellbox test everything is fine all sound and strobe so I'm totally lost but need it sorted ASAP as im heading away shortly for a few days.

Many thanks for any help guys

Sponsored Links
If it is new default it ( you have the manual?) and it should work from the box. Have you played with settings?

Yeah I have messed about with settings and still no joy, regarding defaulting will the prog 07 work or best pressing the tamper button on the control panel 3 times?

Like what's the best way to take it back to factory settings etc

It has been installed for a while, then all disconnected as box was being moved, refitted box a while ago just never fully wired up as an extension was being built onto house etc.

Nightmare to be honest at the min.... And I think it's just something totally simple which is the worst thing, like some simple setting.

as default setting a veritas wont set off the external bell in part set it needs to be changed options 01 / 2 and 3 need to be changed for a start

Sponsored Links
as default setting a veritas wont set off the external bell in part set it needs to be changed options 01 / 2 and 3 need to be changed for a start

Your bloody right you know lol

I'm sitting reading all this manual and have read that INTERNAL SOUNDER ONLY part millions of times today and never once did it click the bell was EXTERNAL SOUND.... Should at least sort that issue in the morning.

Cheers

is it a new panel ? if so what software version is it ? sticker on main chip on pcb...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back