Veritas R8 - entry tone does not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my Veritas R8 for 4 years and was working fine up until a few days ago but now the entry tone does not start when entering the property when the alarm is set. So every time I enter my house I wonder to myself whether I forgot to set the alarm as there is no sound.

But the alarm does work as it activates as soon as the sensor picks up movement in the house (if it hasn't been unset)

There are no problems when setting the system as the exit tone works

How can I get the entry tone back?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a contact on the entry door it's probably stuck closed, give it a tap with the screwdriver and try it , if that's the case replace the contact as it may stick again

Does it have a Door contact ? If so the part on/ in frame not in/ on the door as this is the magenta

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a contact on the door (photo attached). So where do i tap it? From the side or from the top or bottom?

Attachments

• IMG_20160522_201757329.jpg
    IMG_20160522_201757329.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 145

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back