Texecom premier 24 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a Texecom premier 24 with a proxy reading keypad. All seems to work well apart from unarming the alarm when entering through a entry/exit zone.

According to the instructions once the entry tone has started I just need to present the fob to unset the alarm. This doesn't work, once I present the fob the entry tones changes (gets slightly louder) and Then I have to press the reset key.

Is this normal? If I set the alarm but stay at the panel I can unset with just the fob if no entry/exit zones or access zones have been activated.

Sponsored Links
Programming issue ! Have you programmed it via wintex ? What software version is it ?

I program all mine via wintex as it's a nightmare otherwise, it's not easy to check the config , it's probably that you have grade 3 option ticked try GLOBAL/ config options.... Turn off 37 and 53 for a start ok

Sponsored Links
Where about's in Manchester are you?

If you still having problems i am in the area so may be able to have a look.

Look at the programming for the entry exit zone, do you have 1 or two areas assigned to the zone?

There should only be one area to a zone.

Its difficult to be certain when its been programmed by a keypad, unless we know exactly where you have been. Wintex profile makes life so much easier things can be checked very quickly.

Good news I've managed to sort it, I'd given the keypad a random address using the switches that happened to be number 6, I knew the panel only accepted a maximum of 4 network devices but didn't realise it only worked when named 1-4. Named as 6 it still sort of worked but I had other strange things happen that led me to change its address, including the light would stay on all the time.

Cool keypad address, the following maybe useful for others.

All dips on is engineers keypad address

Yes and Menu together will display keypad address top right.

Eng = engineer
Then number 001 = keypad 1 and so

Keypads should be addressed from 1 onwards to max panel can support on any given network which is 8, on 88,168 and 640 panels.

As I said before its difficult without knowing where you have been to identify possible issues.

If you are having problems retrace your steps.

Keypads out of the box are address 1 so wont need changing if you only have one keypad on the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back