Vertical Catenary support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is necessary to bring a 10mm twin and earth from basement to loft above a three floor town house. There is a fire proof vertical shaft with soil stack pipe and other services. Getting into this shaft other than top and bottom to clip the cable to the wall would be difficult and result in need to re-decorate.

Can a vertical catenary be used to support the cable on a galvanised steel cable at regular interval and this pulled up into the shaft ?

<<edit>> This is to supply an air con with high start up currents.

Sponsored Links
I can't see why not, support for cables is called for, nothing specifies how such support is provided, normal methods include cable clips and trunking with 'pegs' in, but I can't see why you couldn't attach it to a catenary wire with durable zip ties, draw that in and fasten the ends in :)

I have a feeling a lot of people would just chuck it down there and hope for the best...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back